Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pot Pies and Posin'

Little Miss M is no stranger to the camera.  She's been posing for pics for as long as I can remember.  Case in point...


That's my girl for you!  When she's not posing for pictures, she's quite the little helper in the kitchen.  I think she loves cooking almost as much as I do!  This recipe was inspired by Pinterest, yet another one of my many loves.  If you haven't jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon yet, you should!!  I've probably pinned more recipes than I'll be able to make in this lifetime and the next, but whatever!  The original recipe calls for canned biscuits, but I used my own personal biscuit recipe.  From scratch are always better than canned!!  Little Miss M has fondly named them The Best Biscuits Ever.

The Best Biscuits Ever

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp white sugar
1/3 cup chilled butter cut into small pieces
1/4 cup heavy cream or buttermilk
3/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 425 F.  Mix together first four ingredients in stand-mixer or food processor.  If using stand-mixer, metal cookie paddle attachment works best.  Add butter and mix until crumbly.  Gradually stir in buttermilk or cream and milk.  I used buttermilk for these.  On floured surface, knead dough 8-10 times.  For this recipe I rolled the dough out to about 1/2 inch to make 12 biscuits.  When normally making biscuits, I roll out to about an inch in thickness, making 6 jumbo biscuits. 

Chicken Pot-Pie Cupcakes

chicken breast, cooked and diced (boiled mine with some bouillon, onion flakes, and garlic powder)
(14.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup 
cup frozen mixed veggies (used frozen lima beans and corn)
cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese 
1 tbsp Herbs De Provence 
tsp onion powder 
tsp garlic salt 
1 batch of The Best Biscuits Ever dough


In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies, cheese, herbs and spices.  



Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and place the biscuits into each cup, pressing into the bottom and up the sides.  


Evenly spoon the pot pie mixture into each biscuit cup. 


Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until biscuits are light brown around edges.  Let sit for a couple of minutes, then remove from pan and place on rack.  Serve immediately.


Original recipe courtesy of quick-dish.tablespoon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment