Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Caramel Dream

After going to Leatherby's Saturday night with the boys, I haven't been able to get their amazing caramel sauce off my mind.  It is that good.  I went on a hunt to find a recipe to whip it up at home.  The one I found is pretty dang close to the original if you ask me! 

Leatherby's Caramel Sauce

1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 (12 fl oz) can evaporated milk (or 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

In a medium-size pot, combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, evaporated milk and butter.


The original recipe says to bring to a boil and boil for about 15 -20 minutes.  It was more like 25 minutes for me to get it to the right consistency.  I boiled it on medium-high heat, stirring frequently.



Remove the pot from heat and stir in vanilla. Transfer to a glass jar.  Store in refrigerator.  If you have any left over that is.  I was eating it by the spoonfuls.  Literally.  As a side note, I forgot to put the vanilla in until it was too late, but it still tasted amazing. 


Recipe courtesy of theprovidentpantry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment