Monday, August 27, 2012

Sour Melon

You may or may not be aware, but I hate watermelon.  Melon of any sort actually.  And loathe would be a better word.  I think it's a combination of the flavor and texture.  But when the flavor is masked by other, more powerful flavors, I can handle it.  And that is just the case with Watermelon Lemonade.  I was surprised by how much I liked the stuff.  It's a great way to get rid of extra watermelon and the kids and misters will love it! 

Watermelon Lemonade
1/2 cup white sugar 
1/2 cup water
4 cups cubed watermelon
4 cups cold water
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice

Place the watermelon into a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve.  Bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.  Stir in 4 cups of cold water and the lemon juice.  Add watermelon puree, mixing well.  Chill or serve over ice.

 

 

The original recipe came from allrecipes.com.  I just made a couple of tweaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment