Thursday, August 23, 2012

More Zucchini


Before I forget, I have to share another zucchini recipe.  This one is amazing.  I wish I could say I was the genius that came up with the original recipe, but the credit goes to bunsinmyoven.com via Pinterest.  Boy am I glad that I found it!  I have the feeling I'll be making this one a lot.  It's a great way to sneak some vegetables in without having that vegetabley taste.  Yes, I just made up a word. 

Cheesy Zucchini Rice

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup long-grain white rice
2 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium or 2 small zucchini, grated 
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
 
Heat the olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.  Add the rice and stir to coat. Toast the rice, stirring often, just until it starts to turn golden.  Pour in the chicken broth, bring to a boil, turn heat to low, and cover.  Cook covered for 15 - 20 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.  Remove from the heat and add the butter, grated zucchini, cheddar, and garlic powder. Stir until well incorporated. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.  Stir again and serve.


 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment