Monday, August 27, 2012

Anchors Away

I'm obsessed with all things of the nautical nature as of late.  And I found THE perfect anchor template this last week at Craft Ideas


It seriously could not be more perfect.  And it's free!  I love how thick the border is, making it super easy to trace through fabric.  



Little Miss M had this white shirt with a big black stain right smack dab in the middle of the chest area that was just begging to be covered.  What better way than to slap a big anchor right over that stain! 


An old stained shirt, left-over fabric from the polka-dot skirt, iron-on transfer adhesive from an old project, black thread, and a gold button I took from Moma's collection last time I was home put the cost at zero out of pocket.  After adhering the anchor to the shirt I hand-stitched it down with some black thread to make sure it stays put and add to the nauticalness.  (I love making up words.)  All in all it took less than forty-five minutes from start to finish and it looks as good as new! 

My mind is literally racing with ideas for uses of this anchor template.  The possibilities are endless!  I used it to make this pillow sham a couple of days ago for the Little Miss and Baby P's room.  

  
The only problem is that I can't decide whether I like the front or the back better!



6 comments:

  1. Super cute! Anchors are so fun. Have you seen Sarah's new fabric collection Out to Sea? You should probably check it out. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! I just about died! That may be some of the most beautiful fabric I've ever seen!!! Do you know if anyone around here carries it?

      Delete
    2. Not sure, but it's all over the place online. American Quilting carried her last line, I wouldn't be surprised if they get it in. Same with Fabric Mill. Thought you'd like it. :)

      Delete
    3. Also, have you seen this: http://www.ctpub.com/productdetails.cfm?PC=2510
      :)

      Delete
    4. That would go perfect with Sarah's fabric! I seriously just gasped haha. Looks like I know what I'll be buying next! Thanks April!

      Delete
  2. omg you are so cute and crafty, i love it!!! the shirt looks amazing, and the pillow is bomb. please come make over my whole house, thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete