Sunday, September 2, 2012

Peaches

Ever wish you'd paid closer attention to something when you were younger?  For me it was my Moma when she was canning.  I was too busy whining and complaining about having to peel and cut the fruits and vegetables to pay a lick of attention to what she did with them.  Oh do I regret it now. 

While the Mister is away with his boyfriends buddies on their Fantasy Football Draft trip, I'm being domestic.  Last night I was introduced to the art of canning peaches thanks to the Mister's Auntie C.  Canning is so much better as an adult than I remember it being as a kid!  Now I want to go out and buy a bazillion jars and start canning everything under the sun!  I feel so accomplished!  I hope Auntie C doesn't mind my sharing her mom's recipe for canned peaches.  Pay attention to her dad's notes at the bottom.  You'll need them.  And enjoy the pear and grape juice recipes while you're at it!





We used a steam canning system but I'm curious to try it using a water bath and/or a pressure cooker now!

                                           

They're almost too pretty to eat.  Almost.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. very impressive, lady!! i wish i had paid attention to everything cooking-wise growing up. because then i left home and was like "whaaaa?!" haha. now can me some stuff! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love your comments and I love you! We should can together! :-) It will be a learning experience for the both of us!!

      Delete