Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Lot of Peaches

Every time I think about peaches, the song Peaches by Presidents of the United States of America gets stuck in my head.  And as of late, it seems to have taken permanent residence up there with all the peaches I've been using!  Just in case you aren't sick of peaches yet, I found the perfect recipe for strawberry peach freezer jam at Taste of Home that I have to share (with a little tweaking of my own).  I love strawberries and I love peaches, and I love the two of them together even more! 

Strawberry Peach Freezer Jam
 
2 cups chopped fresh strawberries 
1 1/2 cups chopped peeled peaches 
1 tsp lemon juice
1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
5 cups sugar

In a large saucepan, combine the strawberries, peaches, lemon juice, and pectin. Cook and stir on medium high until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. 


 Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.  Pour into jars or freezer containers. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. 


Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. 


Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 1 year.  Makes about 6 cups.

1 comment: