Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Beans Beans

When we go out for Mexican food, I usually end up getting full off of the chips and salsa before our food ever gets to the table.  The Mister and I almost always end up sharing a plate, since there really is no point in me ordering my own meal.  My favorite part of the meal is being able to dip chips in the side of refried beans.  It is oh so good.  That's why I love this next recipe so much.  You get the goodness of a side of cheesy refried beans and salsa!  Now that's what I'm talking about!  

Cheesy Bean Dip

1 16 oz can refried beans
1 8 oz block cream cheese
1 to 1/2 cups salsa
1 to 1/2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, colby jack, or a Mexican blend preferably)
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
jalapeno slices

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Spread cream cheese in bottom of 9x9 casserole dish.  (For some reason I can't seem to find my 9x9, so I cut the recipe in half and put in loaf pan.)


Heat beans for about 30 seconds in microwave to make it easier for spreading.  Add cumin and chili powder to beans and mix well.  Spread bean mixture over cream cheese.


Pour salsa over beans and spread.  You want just enough salsa to cover the beans is why the variation in measurement.  I usually don't measure, just put what I think looks good...


Place in the oven for about 30 minutes or until it starts to bubble on the outside edges.  Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over top.  Put jalapenos on top of cheese.  I say the more the better!  


Place back in oven for around 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.


Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment